Daily Archives: April 20, 2012
Today’s my last day in the office before heading to the Exponential Conference next week. To give you a snapshot into what being a publisher is like here’s what the schedule is for our team over the next few days:
- Sunday: Fly to Orlando. Arrive in the afternoon and start setting up the Zondervan booth at First Baptist Orlando
- Monday: Pre-Conference begins and we start selling books right away, meeting church-planters, and catching up with our authors. Busy-ness begins!
- Tuesday: The conference begins. Church leaders that will be at the conference include: Wayne Cordeiro, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Larry Osborne, Brandon Hatmaker, Hugh Halter, and lots, and lots, of others. It will be a full day of meetings, selling books, and hearing some speakers.
- Wednesday: More of the same!
- Thursday: More of the same, all morning! Then we tear down the booth (which is no small task) and head home.
All this to say, it’s a busy, but fun week. If you’re there be sure to come by the Zondervan booth and let us know you read Engaging Church. I’d love to meet you face-to-face.
Others are blogging about Exponential too. Here’s the links to their posts:
- Brandon Hatmaker – “Three Reason’s I’m Excited about Exponential”
- Scott Thomas – see his Facebook group for Gospel Coach for info on what he’s got going on
- Jack Magruder – Jack is the author of our forthcoming book “Missional Moves.” He’s got a lot of content on his blog about what missional ministry is all about. Here are his thoughts specifically about the conference.
- Geoff Surratt – Here’s his blog about his new position at Exponential